Serve a Show-stopper Entree with Stracciatella, Pistachio and Late Lane Oranges
Summer is well and truly captured in this bright and juicy flavour bomb entree that is easy peasy orange squeezy.
Late Lane oranges are late season navel oranges that are extremely juicy and sweet, with a light acidity and pairs perfectly with a salty soft stracciatella. You can make this dish a Christmas staple, with these oranges expected to be growing into the summer season.
Build the depth of flavour with a high quality olive oil, aromatic basil, and a pop of crunch with pistachios. Try this unique pairing and support local and fresh produce being made from WA stracciatella from La Delizia Latticini, Late Lane oranges from WA's south, Great Southern Groves evoo, and WA Lake Deborah salt.
This gorgeous fresh combo of sweet, sour and salty is perfect to whip up in 15 minutes for a mid week dinner party, or a weekend lunch get together in the sun.
- 3 Late Lane oranges
- 250g La Delizia Latticini Stracciatella
- 30g pistachios
- Basil (garnish)
- Olive oil
- Lake Deborah salt
shop the recipe
- Skin and slice the oranges into 6 wedges per orange, set aside
- Spoon the stracciatella onto a medium sized serving dish and season with salt and pepper. Press down lightly with a spoon in some spots, so that olive oil and seasonings can gather
- Place the orange slices onto the plate
- Sprinkle pistachios
- Garnish with basil, drizzle with olive oil generously, and season with pepper.
Cover the dish if serving later, it can keep refridgerated for unto 1-2 hours before serving.