- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Dirty Clean Food Chicken Marylands
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black and green olives
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley and basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 150ml red wine
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tins crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200g Roma tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy cast iron skillet. Sear chicken for 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Sauté onion until transparent, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the capsicum, carrot, mushrooms and herbs; cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the wine, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, until wine is reduced.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, Roma tomatoes and chill flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer with chicken pieces to a casserole dish with lid on and cook in oven for 50 minutes. Remove the lid, add in the olives and cook for an additional 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone, and the sauce has reduced.
Serve with mashed potatoes or for a low carb option try cauliflower rice
Recipe from delites.com