Billie's Chuck and Brisket Burger
- Dirty Clean Food Chuck and Brisket Burgers (2x220g)
- DCF Nitrate Free Streaky Bacon
- Rickles Pickles Dill Crinkles
- Rickles Wattle Seed BBQ
- White onion
- Red wine vinegar
- Cheese (I prefer American Cheddar)
- Salt and pepper
- Open Chuck and Brisket Burgers – Dry off excess moisture with a paper towel and bring to room temp.
- Place bacon in a cold hard-bottomed pan and render on a low heat until desired texture. This can take between 10-15 minutes. Bacon will release its own fat to fry in.
- Put bacon aside and reserve fat to fry onion in.
- Finely slice white onion.
- Sauté onion in bacon fat and add splash of red wine vinegar.
- Heat a Cast Iron / heavy-bottomed frypan until very hot.
- Salt and pepper generously to one side and place burger patties into smoking hot pan.
- Sear burger on high heat and flip when blood begins to appear around edges of the patty. Roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Add caramelized onion to top of cooked burger, then a slice of cheese. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a splash of water in pan and cover to steam - this will melt the cheese.
- Remove burger from pan, let rest for 2-3 minutes!
- Assemble and eat 😊