Slow roasted Lamb Banjo
Our resident chef Aimee has been busy in the kitchen preparing some delicious food including a melt in your mouth, slow roasted lamb roast. Pick up a Lamb Banjo and try it out yourself this week.
- 1 Dirty Clean Food Lamb Banjo
- 1 piece of rosemary
- 1 stick celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 bunch mint, including stalks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Red wine, such as Shiraz
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 160C
- Peel carrot and onion, chop into small pieces along with the celery and place in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Combine other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place lamb on top of chopped vegetables and season with salt and paper.
- Pour liquid over lamb , cover with baking paper then aluminium foil and roast for approximately 3-4 hours, or until lamb pulls apart when you pull it with two forks.
- Uncover and turn oven up to 200 C, roast lamb for approximately 20 mins or until skin is golden.
- Remove lamb from roasting pan and place on a plate and cover with foil, leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile strain liquid into a pan and place on a high heat and reduce until thickened slightly or reduced by half. Check seasoning.
- Serve with your favourite roast vegetables and lamb sauce.