Rin’s Delicious Kerala Seafood Curry
1 tsp sesame oil
1 large brown onion thinly sliced
1 tbspn fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp brown mustard seeds
10 fresh curry leaves
3/4 cup oat up
200g green beans trimmed and cut to 3cm lengths
1 zucchini sliced, halved
250g firm white fish such as snapper or cod
250g peeled prawns, tails in tact
Steamed basmati rice to serve
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vegetable stock powder
Fresh coriander optional
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat
2. Add onion and cook, stirring for 3 minutes until translucent. Add ginger, spices, mustard seeds, salt and curry leaves.
3. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes until aromatic and mustard seeds start to pop. Add OatUP and 2/3 cup water with stock powder.
4. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add beans and zucchini. Simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Add fish or prawns (or both if you’re feeling it!) cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice, lime wedges and coriander!