Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb Barnsley Chop with Honey, Chilli Carrots and Hippie Veggies Macadamia and Hemp Cheese
A Barnsley chop is cut from across the backbone to give a double loin chop. A tender, flavourful cut that is perfect for the barbecue or stovetop grilling pan.
- 2 x Dirty Clean Food Lamb Barnsley Chops (430 g)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Hippie Veggies Macadamia and Hemp Cheese, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Hemp seeds, to garnish (optional)
Honey, Chilli Carrots
- 400g carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lrg red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- Combine the 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, turmeric, ground cumin, cumin seeds, ground cinnamon, ½ tsp salt flakes and sliced garlic in a bowl and then add the lamb Barnsley chops, swirling the meat in the marinade to coat.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. If time, it’s optimal to leave them to marinate overnight.
- Preheat a barbecue flat grill or heavy-based frying pan.
- Cook the carrots in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well before tossing with the 2 tbsp olive oil, red chilli, honey, lemon juice and salt flakes. Reserve covered to the side.
- Grill or panfry the Lamb Barnsley chops 3 – 4 minutes per side on high heat until caramelised and cooked medium rare or to your liking.
- Serve on a dollop of Hippie Veggie Macadamia and Hemp Cheese with a side of Honey, Chilli Carrots, garnished with fresh coriander and a sprinkling of hemp seeds if using.
This marinade is delicious with any cut of lamb.
Cous cous or red lentils are also great accompaniments with this dish.