Greek Butterflied Lamb
- 900g Dirty Clean Food Butterflied Lamb (if using whole butterflied lamb, double marinade quantities)
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix marinade ingredients into a bag or container and add lamb. Massage bag well to get the marinade into all the meat cracks and crevices.
- Seal and marinate for 24 hours (3 hours minimum).
- Remove lamb from the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sear until golden brown on both sides, around 2 – 3 minutes each side.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes (if cooking a whole butterflied lamb, allow for 12 minutes per 500g)
- Remove from oven, loosely cover with foil, and rest for 10 minutes before serving.