Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 kg chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 230°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and set a heat-proof wire rack inside.
- Pat dry chicken wings liberally with paper towels, squeezing out as much moisture as you can. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together, whisking well to combine, and sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Toss wings through the baking powder mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange on rack, leaving about 2cm of space between each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, (about 20-30 minutes longer), until golden browned and crispy.