Billie's Smash Burgers
Billie shows you how to perfect the smash burger. If you want to switch it up a little, include Chimichurri - the perfect accompaniment.
- Dirty Clean Food Smash Burgers (4 pack)
- 4 slices cheese (my favourite is a good ol' American Cheddar)
- Jalapenos or burger pickles
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Whole egg mayonnaise
- ½ cup parsley
- 1/3 cup basil
- 1/3 cup coriander
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- ½ tbsp Great Southern Groves Olive Oil
- 2 x clove garlic
- 1 x bird's eye chilli (optional)
- Chop parsley, basil, coriander and garlic finely and combine.
- Finely slice the chilli (optional)
- Zest half the lemon and juice.
- Combine all the above, salt and pepper to taste and your Chimichurri is complete.
- Remove Smash Burgers from packaging, rest on paper towel and dry off any excess moisture. Bring to room temperature.
- Heat up a cast iron pan or griddle on high, get it smoking hot!
- Add the Smash Burger to the pan and press with a sturdy spatula to ensure as much contact as possible. Season generously with salt and pepper. Don’t overcrowd the pan! It will drop the heat too low.
- Sear aggressively on the first side, wait until the edges begin to crisp.
- Flip and cheese immediately.
- Assemble Burger with mayonnaise top and bottom. Place Jalapenos on the bottom of bun, then patty immediately from pan and the Chimichurri on top of the Smash Burger.