- 50g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 ½ cups Dirty Clean Food Oat Milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and salt. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
- Gradually add oat milk and nutmeg stirring consistently to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring, for a few minutes until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: Add herbs to serve as a white sauce on fish. Add cheese and pour over cauliflower and use in lasagne or mac and cheese recipes. The world is your oyster.