Richard's Tasty English Sausage Rolls
Traditional English Sausage Rolls
- 500g Pork Mince
- Pack of Filo Pastry
- Thyme Leaves (optional)
- Egg - beaten
- Black Sesame seeds (optional)
- Season the pork mince with salt and pepper. If you are feeling slightly sophisticated add a handful of thyme leaves.
- Roll out the filo pastry and place pork mince in lines down pastry. Roll the pasty over and egg wash to stick together. You choose how much mince to pastry you want, I personally love a lot of pastry and go for a 'mini' sausage roll. Cut to the length of sausage roll - again you choose your party here, I am all about the mini sausage rolls.
- Once rolled egg wash the top of the pastry and for that sophisticated touch sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Set oven to 180C. Place rolls on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes (or until the pastry is golden brown and the mince cooked. Remove from oven and try not to eat all at once.
Hispanic Sausage Rolls.
If you really want to push the boat out, maybe consider adding a teaspoon or 2 (if you like it spicy) of smoked paprika to the pork mince.
Once you've mastered the Hispanic and English, why not try adding any number of spice/herb combos. Thai - some fish sauce and chopped coriander stalks, Greek - some dried oregano and some feta crumbs, etc, etc.