About Wide Open Agriculture
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is Australia’s leading ASX-listed regenerative food and agriculture company. As an organisation, we are aiming to change the way Australia eats and farms, in order to create a better future for people and the planet and limit the effects of global warming. We value good humans who want to contribute to great change and who reflect our company values; Nurture People and the Planet, Brave in the Fray, Going the Extra Mile, and Being Helpful.
The Company’s innovative Dirty Clean Food brand markets and distributes food and drink products with a focus on conscious consumers in Australia and South-East Asia. Products are chosen based on their market potential and the positive impact they deliver to farmers, their farmland, and regional communities.
About the role
We are seeking a minimum of two, kind and highly organised individuals with strong initiative to support our growing business as Warehouse Shift Supervisors. This is a hands-on role with additional requirements to oversee warehouse employees to ensure they have clear instructions, receive appropriate support and that all site operational requirements are met. Key to your role is the ability to confidently and safely operate all forklifts (licences are required) and to ensure stock is received, rotated and recorded correctly during the shifts.
Experience working in cold storage is an advantage, but not essential. Some delivery driving may be required depending on workflow. We are seeking a minimum of two, full time Warehouse Shift Supervisors, covering shifts between 7am – 6pm and Saturdays 8am – 12pm (AM / PM shifts on rotation or negotiated to suit successful candidates). Remuneration is paid on a full time, hourly rate basis.
To be successful in this role, you’re a keen team-player who likes to communicate openly and clearly, know your way around a forklift, have an eye for detail and demonstrate a willingness to lead others.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Being hands-on in all core warehouse duties, including
- Overseeing accurate and timely picking, packing and delivery of customer orders in line with set goals
- Maintain productive relationships with other staff and provide training and coaching to others as necessary
- Assist in ensuring inventory management processes are adhered to by warehouse team and deliver reports as needed
- Understand and adhere to operational protocols, while having the patience and skills to teach employees to follow them
- Provide first aid (be willing to undergo training) and ensure employees undertake safe work practices and mitigation protocols are monitored
- Order consumables and record usage ensuring minimum stock levels always on hand
- Regularly check inventory for freshness and quality
- Ensuring paperwork and records are accurate and signed where required
- Accountability for a clean and tidy environment in the warehouse and delivery vehicles
What we are looking for (Skills/Experience/Qualities):
- Enjoy being part of and leading a team and displaying an aptitude for leadership
- Being confident and kind when teaching and coaching a diverse employee base
- A reliable and detail-oriented person with an enthusiasm for building a growth food business
- A can-do, team-focused attitude is essential for success
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – someone who understands the importance of positive communication with all stakeholders
- The ability to work unsupervised and efficiently under specific time frames
- Prior experience with picking/packing in a cold storage food warehouse is highly desirable, but not essential
- Technology proficiency, including basic level Excel and Word skills, and confidence learning new software
- Have a current full Australian driver's license
- Must have current forklift ticket (LF and LO) and be competent in using them
- A safe worker – good understanding of OH&S requirements/expectations in a warehouse and delivery environments
- Be physically fit: ability to lift up to 20kg and able to load and unload products from delivery vehicles and pallets in the warehouse
- We will work with the successful candidates to find the most suitable combination to cover all required hours through shift rostering
- Availability to work a fixed AM or PM roster (or rotating roster) between 7am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
- Availability for Saturday shift (either regular or on rotation) is most desirable
- Remuneration is paid on a full time, hourly rate basis. Weekend penalty rates apply.
Benefits and perks
- Join a high energy team in a fast-growing start-up business that is funded and supports sustainable values in WA
- Feel good about how you spend your working hours!
- Full time with space to move up in the fast-growing business
- 10% discount on full price products sold through the Dirty Clean Food website
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination
As a Group 1 business, WOA must be COVID-19 mandate compliant. Therefore, you must be able to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate before beginning in this role. This includes receiving your booster dose when you become eligible.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining how awesome you are and what you’d bring to the role, and please attach your CV that identifies all relevant experience.
Only successful candidates will be contacted regarding next steps.
If successful to interview, you may be asked if you
- Have the right to work in Australia
- COVID-19 Vaccination status