About Wide Open Agriculture
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is Australia’s leading ASX-listed regenerative food and agriculture company. As an organisation, we are aiming to change the way Australia eats and farms, in order to create a better future for people and the planet and limit the effects of global warming. We value good humans who want to contribute to great change and who reflect our company values; Nurture People and the Planet, Brave in the Fray, Going the Extra Mile, and Being Helpful.
The Company’s innovative Dirty Clean Food brand markets and distributes food and drink products with a focus on conscious consumers in Australia and South-East Asia. Products are chosen based on their market potential and the positive impact they deliver to farmers, their farmland and regional communities.
About the role
As the senior Meat Production Supervisor, your main responsibility is to manage the operating activities of the production room floor to ensure that the needs of the team members, suppliers and customers are met whilst achieving optimum yields, cost effectiveness and quality controls.
Further responsibilities will include
- Supervise the end-to-end of the production room operations
- Maintaining quality control of all products, including cold chain optimisation
- Ensure that all product, food safety obligations are communicated
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and promote a safe working culture amongst all staff
- Liaise, as required, with external bodies such as Primesafe, Ausmeat, DOA, SGS, and WQA and ensure all legislative requirements are being met
- Maximise and report daily yield outcomes
- Ensure current inventory management processes are followed
- Ensure all legislative requirements' are being met
- Scheduling production to meet customer order requirements
- Ensure cut and pack specifications are being adhered to for all production orders
- Provide timely and accurate shift and attendance information to payroll
- Deliver training programs for new and existing employees and provide professional support as needed
- Work closely with Livestock Processing Specialist to ensure product is delivered from and to the central warehouse as required
- Communicate any production and machinery issues immediately
- Maintain adequate stock levels of consumables, re-order as required
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace, ensuring adequate time is set aside for cleaning and washdown following each day’s production
We are looking for a motivated supervisor that has previously worked in meat processing and can really own this role and support the rapid growth of the company. The following requirements will also be needed.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a processing plant
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and positive energy, and enjoy working as part of a team
- Proven people management skills
- A drive for continual business improvement
- High motivation levels with a willingness to work
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination
As a Group 1 business, WOA must be COVID-19 mandate compliant. Therefore, you must be able to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate before beginning in this role. This includes receiving your booster dose when you become eligible.
If this sounds like you, please send an email outlining your interest in working for Wide Open Agriculture in this role, and attach your CV identifying all relevant experience to email@example.com