About Wide Open Agriculture
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is Australia’s leading ASX-listed regenerative food and agriculture company. As an organisation, we are aiming to change the way Australia eats and farms, in order to create a better future for people and the planet and limit the effects of global warming. We value good humans who want to contribute to great change and who reflect our company values; Nurture People and the Planet, Brave in the Fray, Going the Extra Mile, and Being Helpful.
The Company’s innovative Dirty Clean Food brand markets and distributes food and drink products with a focus on conscious consumers in Australia and South-East Asia. Products are chosen based on their market potential and the positive impact they deliver to farmers, their farmland and regional communities.
About the role
We are seeking a vibrant individual to lead the kitchen as our Food Production Cook, with a primary focus on making a range of existing food products from recipes. Enjoying the challenge of cooking in bulk, you’ll bring your passion for food in making meals and new products, some that will be frozen and sold online to our growing customer base. With your attention to detail and ability to plan, you’ll have experience in ordering and managing stock, and maintain kitchen hygiene standards. Alongside some recipe development of your own, you’ll input into preferred packaging ideas and pricing models. This is a full time role, Monday – Friday day time hours.
To be successful in this role, you’re a keen team-player who likes to communicate openly and share ideas, know your way around the kitchen (obviously), have an eye for detail and demonstrate experience in cooking in bulk, stock control and inventory management. Plus, you maintain high levels of hygiene and are familiar with and understand HACCP food safety principles.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Making food products from existing recipes and, at times, adding your own style to maximise flavours
- Cook meals in bulk, some of which are to be frozen for sale to customers
- Work with our food team to increase the stability of products, extending shelf-life
- Source and order ingredients within an agreed budget and from agreed suppliers
- Bring your creative flair for good flavour to develop innovative recipes and meals using our fabulous products
- Manage food stocks and lead inventory control in the kitchen
- Confidently generate reports on potential food production outputs and identify efficiencies, considering costs, quantity, and scalability of new products
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Meet agreed levels of output for products and suggest pricing structure
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in the kitchen
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Share your delicious trial food samples with eager team members ready to give you their feedback
What we are looking for (Skills/Experience/Qualities):
- Cook / Chef with 3 – 4 years minimum experience is preferred
- Experience in cooking in bulk and / or frozen meal preparation is desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Attention to detail and good time management
- Flexible and adaptive in approach to work and ready to shift priorities as necessary
- Sound knowledge and experience of preparing bulk products would be useful
- A strong understanding of stock control and ordering processes
- High standards of hygiene and knowledge of compliance, and understanding of HACCP food safety principles
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team
Benefits and perks
Join a high energy team in a fast-growing start-up business that is funded and supports sustainable values in WA. Feel good about how you spend your working hours!
- 10% discount on full price products sold through the Dirty Clean Food website
As a Group 1 business and company policy, WOA requires COVID-19 vaccination compliance. Therefore, you must be able to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate before beginning in this role. This includes receiving your booster dose when you become eligible.
If this sounds like you, please attach a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining how awesome you are and what you’d bring to the role, and please attach your CV that identifies all relevant experience.
For any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
If successful to interview, you may be asked if you
- Have the right to work in Australia