About Wide Open Agriculture
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is Australia’s leading ASX-listed regenerative food and agriculture company. As an organisation, we are aiming to change the way Australia eats and farms, in order to create a better future for people and the planet and limit the effects of global warming. We value good humans who want to contribute to great change and who reflect our company values; Nurture People and the Planet, Brave in the Fray, Going the Extra Mile, and Being Helpful.
The Company’s innovative Dirty Clean Food brand markets and distributes food and drink products with a focus on conscious consumers in Australia and South-East Asia. Products are chosen based on their market potential and the positive impact they deliver to farmers, their farmland and regional communities.
About the role
We are looking for a caring and calm individual to bring their enthusiasm to work as our Executive Assistant and run the show behind the scenes. Your eye for efficiency and strong communication skills will help make our executive team’s life as seamless as possible. Serving as an extension of our brand, you’ll enhance productivity and organize the details of executive’s complex schedule, ultimately ensuring they're in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.
You will have the opportunity to interface with the executive team of the business on a regular basis and serve as a sounding board for key decisions. Representing the company with professionalism, discretion, and friendliness, you’ll engage with both internal and external stakeholders. Above all else, organization, work ethic, exemplary oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and judgment are key.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be a quick learner, a fast thinker, strong writer, calm under pressure, filled with initiative, enjoy creative thinking, and a problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment and is always thinking five steps ahead. Sound like you? Read on!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will provide support to our executive leadership team in administrative functions to increase the time they have available for leadership responsibilities
- Handle a high volume of communication from internal and external stakeholders, answering enquires, resolving problems, vetting, and making appropriate referrals
- Triage an active inbox, including drafting communications, prioritizing what needs to be accomplished, and streamlining tasks.
- Coordinate a challenging calendar on behalf of the CEO, MD, and COO (across multiple time zones) with meetings, interviews, travel, and everything in between.
- Coordinate and handle Google calendaring, proactively monitoring for conflicts, resolving these conflicts, and facilitating meeting logistics as required
- Collaborate with the CEO and MD to prepare important investor and stakeholder-facing documents
- Handle private information with discretion, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality throughout
- Coordinate internal staff & leadership meetings and off-sites on behalf of the Executive Team and follow-up on action items
- Negotiate and prioritise conflicting needs and handle matters expeditiously and proactively
- Submit expense reports on behalf of the Executive Team
What we are looking for (Skills/Experience/Qualities):
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, Executive Assistant role (or similar)
- Natural affinity and ability for details –– you like to double and triple-check!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ghost-write and draft emails and documents
- Tech savvy is a must! - experience with project management tools such as Asana or Trello, as well as office-related tools like Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively to balance diverse and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while managing steady state responsibilities
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver, and ability to multi-task and think-on-your-feet
- Positive attitude, where no project is too big or small and you’re not afraid to pitch in where needed
- You love working as part of a team
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Enthusiasm for the green economy + start-up landscape!
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-change business environment
- You believe climate change is real and have a passion for working for a purpose-based organisation
Benefits and perks
Join a high energy team in a fast-growing start-up business that is funded and supports sustainable values in WA. Feel good about how you spend your working hours!
- Full time position available now
- 9-day fortnight benefit (on roster)
- After successful probation (6 months), eligibility to participate in the WOA Employee Share Options Scheme
- 10% discount on full price products sold through the Dirty Clean Food website
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination
As a Group 1 business, WOA must be COVID-19 mandate compliant. Therefore, you must be able to present your COVID-19 vaccination certificate before beginning in this role. This includes receiving your booster dose when you become eligible.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining how awesome you are and what you’d bring to the role, and please attach your CV that identifies all relevant experience, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful to interview, you may be asked if you
- Have the right to work in Australia