Slow Cooker Italian-style Pork Cutlets
- 4 thick (about 250g each) pork cutlets
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 400g can whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 sprigs thyme + extra to serve
- ¾ cup kalamata olives
- Creamy potato mash, to serve
- Place flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Lightly dust pork with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes until evenly browned. Transfer pork to a slow cooker.
- Add onion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened
- Add tomatoes, stock, thyme and olives to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Pour tomato mixture over the pork in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2 hours or until very tender. Serve with creamy potato mash. Garnish with fresh thyme to serve.