- "These farmers are our heroes, the souls of the earth and it shows in their produce. The flavour from the meat is exceptional and we have had nothing but rave reviews since moving to Dirty Clean Food." Tony Howell, Executive Chef
Surf & Turf
Treat yourself & take the family out to a restaurant at home with this easy to follow recipe and premium ingredients. Fins Shark Bay King prawns served over our famous juicy Scotch fillet steak with a creamy garlic sauce. Buy your Surf & Turf Bundle here
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 500 g Shark Bay King Prawns
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 Dirty Clean Food Scotch Fillet steaks
- Take steak out of fridge for approx. 1 hour to reach room temperature.
- Pat the steak and prawns dry with paper towel.
- Follow Blackwood Valley Beef Warren Pensini's recommendations for the perfect steak here
- Once steak is ready set aside to rest
- Melt butter on low heat in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant and add thyme leaves.
- Combine flour to thicken the sauce and salt and pepper to taste
- Increase heat to medium and gradually add cream stirring to combine. Add prawns and simmer until prawns are just cooked through.
- Serve steak with mashed potato and pour sauce over the top