- "At Fresh Provisions we are passionate about supplying local fresh produce that meets our customers dietary and ethical food requirements. Dirty Clean Food offers a premium 100% grass-fed beef and lamb that is ethically raised and locally sourced and our customers love it!" Tom Katselas
Lemon, Lavender and Honey Chicken
Poulet Au Citron Et Lavande (or Lemon and Lavender Chicken to the non-French speaking!) is a delicious aromatic chicken dish by Rachel Khoo. Teamed with Alderton's succulent chicken and Bidjaronning Raw Honey, it is sure to become a favourite recipe in your repertoire!
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Resting time: 30 minutes - 4 hours. Cooking time: 45 minutes.
1 chicken, jointed into 8-10 pieces or use your favourite pieces of chicken
A generous pinch of salt
For the marinade:
2 tbsp dried lavender
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp Bidjaronning honey
2 sprigs of thyme
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- To make the marinade, crush the lavender using either a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin. Put the crushed lavender into a large bowl with the oil, honey, thyme, lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large plastic container. Pour the marinade over the chicken and make sure all the pieces are well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the chicken and marinade into a roasting tin and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway. To check if the chicken is done, pierce the thickest part of the flesh with a skewer - the juices should run clear, not red or pink.
- Serve the chicken with the cooking juices poured over and around. A crisp green salad or your favourite vegetables and some boiled new potatoes are a great match.
From The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo